Friday, April 11, 2014

Social Travel 101 with Peeta Planet


Hi guys,

I am glad to tell you that I was being invited by the coolest Social Travel show ever, Peeta Planet, to their small get together in Intercontinental Hotel Jakarta. They were visiting Jakarta for their finale for Season 2 of Peeta Planet trip. I guess saving the best for the last, huh? ;-p
Spoiler: Peyman visiting Coffeewar in Jakarta

I was surprised that they would invite me, because I rarely wrote my blog nor do I have a lot of followers on my social media. Turned out they also invited Jakarta cool people, I guess I was one of them then. (Shut up, let me have this moment!) Yes, I am a cool Jakartan.


Anyway, Mohammad and Peyman introducing us to a new cool way of traveling which is 'Social Travel' in the event. I have a lot of curiosity. I am not sure what 'Social Travel' means, not even sure it was a fun way to travel. But after a while, I learned that 'Social Travel' might be a best way to travel. I mean being a tourist is boring right? Following the group leader here and there, visiting same places with all other tourists and they were everywhere. You can't even enjoy the awesome place you want to visit because tourist were everywhere. So, why not try a new way of traveling. Don't be a tourist, Be a Social Traveler!

Oooops I haven't told you what 'Social Travel' is? Well, it is about time you should know. Social Travel (in my understanding) is a way to travel while connecting yourself to the locals. You will find place to stay, to visit, and what to do by asking locals recommendation. Why I think it is nice? Well, for a long time, traveling has become a way out of our regular boring life (boring job, boring school, or whatever it is that you want to get away from for a while) and a way to satisfy your curiosity of the outside world. But, would it more satisfying to travel through the eyes of the locals? They know the best place, they know the best food, they know the history, that's what makes it interesting. We get to connect with random people with various background. We open up to stranger and we might learn so much for them. That's just screaming 'Awesome' in my ear. I got to do this someday, very soon I hope.

Now that you know about Social Travel, did you know Peeta Planet? I am sure you did, but if you don't know them yet, you should totally check them out. They have a really cool Travel show on Dubai Television. Here is the link to their website and YouTube page; peetaplanet.com and YouTube Peeta Planet

I accidentally find out about them when I was looking for video about Seoul on YouTube. They were filming about Seoul through the locals eyes. I have been to Seoul before and I love it so much. I was so glad that they didn't just show us a tourist destination, they took it to the next level. They visited a startup small time company too. I was so immersed when they were doing fabric painting scene. The only time I saw that was on Arirang culture related show. To actually see it in travel show is something new for me. Refreshing, don't you think?


Are they boring? Definitely not boring at all. They have good sense of humor. Muhammad and Peyman are brothers, not just fraternity brothers. They will find a way to tease each other and they do it quite often. It was adorable. They are also the most down to earth person I have ever met. Always smiling, polite, and nice. Who would not like those combination? I also love their outfits. Somehow they manage to pull it out in a very manly way.

Sometimes, when you watch something on TV or YouTube, you feel disconnected with the MC. But Peeta Boys will not make you feel like that at all. They are super friendly, super warm to people, and pretty cheap in giving away smiles. All Peeta Planet crews were very friendly and down to earth personality. I adore them so much for this good quality traits. That's what makes them the best at social travel show, they know how to connect with people.

So guys, if you are not hooked yet by what I said about Social Travel. You should definitely check out their videos on their YouTube channel or their website. They will show you how fun it is to do Social Travel instead of being your regular tourist self.

I wish they would do an episode in India, or a lot of episodes, I won't mind. I wanna know how they will show India from their point of view. I am sure it will be great. It will be a great intro for me and a  way to encourage me to finally visit India, a place that I always feel longing to go (not just to meet Shahrukh Khan, I promise).

Enjoy your weekend, Happy People! Stay Safe, Stay Awesome!

Suci Park

PS; Picture of Tapas Collections from Intercontinental Jakarta who hosted the event. Drooling time...slluuuurp!

No comments:

Post a Comment