Friday, April 25, 2014

Scary People

People can be downright mean and scary.

I thought I would be more afraid of vampire, ghost, werewolf, etc. But since those creatures are not proven to be exist yet, I would say people scares me the most. Maybe not all people. But some people can be really scary. I wasn't talking about serial killers, rapist, sociopaths, psychos, etc. For that, we already know they terrified us even on the series/movies that we watch. What scares me in daily basis is people who has their way with words but didn't use it cautiously or wisely.

Like today, I accidentally stumble upon facebook page for a discussion on religion and atheism. I would not fall into judgement which party is the better party. I would simply point out what I observe from the page. It breaks me heart what I saw there. How people bashing each other beliefs and dis-beliefs. People start dragging about bad things that happens throughout the history or make a harsh judgement toward the people that they interact with. And they lost the bigger picture. They lost the point of being human.

NB(non believer) trying to make a point that religion or anything religious is a myth by bashing the religion itself and by pointing out how crazy/stupid/idiot the believers for believe in it. The believer trying to point out that religion is saving human kind and teach us to be a nicer people. But then they will say that NB is stupid for not believing or accuse them of being an anomaly. NB will say that people choose to be nice, religion has nothing to do with it. From that discussion, I assume that the similarity is about being nice and both party wants the be nice people either by choice or abiding to their religion. Then how come those lost in translation? Did they know when they start yelling, screaming, calling names, they already lost the part of being nice?

I am a humanist. I believe in human kind and act of caring toward human being and/or other living being. I believe that human is the most advantageous living being on the Planet Earth (not sure about other planet, hasn't had the time to check yet). So, let's take advantage of it. We can discuss things with kind and smart words. We can choose words nicely, wisely, and smartly. There is no needs for violence or rage to come in between. Some people might still use the offensive method, but we can prove it to ourselves and to others that we are better than that. Peace is a beautiful thing.

I have religion/belief myself, I respect non-believers, and other religions/beliefs too. I respect people. But do I respect you? Yes if you are worth of it. I respect people who choose to be nice and did try to be nice. A long the way I might made mistake, I might be angry and use my rage to attack someone. Who hasn't right?  We call it 'human error' because human does make mistake. But the benefit of being creatures with smarter brain is that we get to learn from that experience.

I am writing all this to and for myself. I want to remind myself not to partake, join, involve in any bullying whether with words or physical bullying. I have been bullied once. I will not voluntarily involve and bully my fellow human kind. If by any chance this message also gets into you. I hope you could channel it into positive way.

That's all I got to say for now. You will hear again from me. Have a great weekend, happy people!

Suci Park


No comments:

Post a Comment