Sunday, September 14, 2014

Getting US Tourist VISA for Indonesian (Part 2)

Read The First Part: Here
I thought US Embassy will probably need my Bank statement, copy of KK, copy of Graduation Certificate (Ijazah), Employment record, Recommendation Letter, Invitation Letter, Invitee's Bank Record, etc.

For months I have been trying to gather all of that before actually applying for it on their website.
I cried a lot during the last week of the preparation. Things didn't really go the way I wanted it and I was on my PMS.

1. I tried to get bank statement from BNI. But they said I have to brink my saving book which I already lose it a long time ago. Plus I just found out that my BNI atm card will be expired soon. They said the only way to get the new card is to go to the bank where I issued my check which was in Jatinangor when I was a college student. I get cranky because I have no other option. So I have to move all my not-so-much money to my BCA account which I usually used for monthly/daily expenses. Now, I have to be really careful with my money. Because I put both my expenses and saving money on the same account.

2. I went to BCA in Senayan City. The teller was giving me the wrong information about the Bank Log Book (rekening koran). They said they could help with my Bank Statement Letter, but to get the Log Book, I have to go to the bank where I issued it which is all the way in Pancoran and I am working in Senayan.
So I go all the way there to find out that it can actually be done in any bank as long as I bring the book. What the.....

3. Applying on the website was not such a big deal. Their website is pretty user friendly. It has so many words, but it was actually important information for first timer like me. I print out the deposit slip.

4. And I went to Permata Bank:
Head Office
PermataBank, WTC II
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 29 - 31, Jakarta 12920
Telepon: +62 21 523 7788
Fax: +62 21 523 7253

PermataTel
500111 dari fixed line
63399 dari mobile phone

The process went smoothly. Till later that day when i couldn't put the 8 digits number on the interview schedule website even after 7 hours. I tried to call their Customer Service (bad service, btw). They keep telling me what to do and I already did. Then somehow they hang up on me. Then I tried to call again. I called like 3 times with no obvious result. Then I tried to call the bank where I went to. None answer the call. So I decided to go back to the bank. But traffic was so bad on friday. I spent 1 hour on the car for nothing because when I reached the bank, it was already close. So I went back to the office with the same taxi. I paid like 100.000 rupiah for taxi and it was for nothing. I reached my patient peak, I cried on the taxi while calling boyfriend on Line Chat. He felt sorry for me.
I decided to go back to the Bank on Monday. They told me there is nothing they could do. So, they only gave me the email to the US Embassy. I did email them and the problem was fixed immediately. Should have done that on Friday. But the Customer Service told me to visit the Bank again. Meh, next time just visit Standard Chartered. Hope they will give better service.

5. Scheduling my interview to Friday that week. I got 7am. The US Embassy website told me that if my appointment is around 7am, then I would be the first batch. I should come between 6.30am-8.30am. If I was late, I will have to move my schedule.

6. On the day of the interview, I woke up early around 5am. I went there around 6am and I reached the Embassy around 6.20am. My oh my, the line is already long. There were like 50 people ahead of me. I waited for 30 minutes till I reached the gate. I didn't bring cellphone, charger, mp3, or any electronic device. So it didn't take long for me on the gate. I went inside and an Indonesian officer from the Embassy helped me out with my file. He asked for my 5X5 Photo, Bank Slip, and DS 160 Confirmation paper. I only have to wait for a while there till someone in the locket check my files (Passport, DS 160 Confirmation, and Bank Slip) Move along to another line, waiting before they let us in to the consular office for 15 minutes. In the consular office, we all have to get our finger print scanned. It was sooo crowded inside. I got group number 15. After the finger print scanned, I went to wait for the interview with the consular.

7. I saw 5 lockets and only 4 open. There was this lady on locket number 6. She made me nervous. Her line was soooo long. She took longer time examining all the applicants and asking them questions. I was hoping I would get they guy from locket number 8. He was very quick in examining the applicant. I thought my chance is good with him. But then the guy from locket 9 called out group number 15. I was second on the line. There were like 7 people in my group. The guy who was going to interview me looks really tall. I was starting to get nervous. I tried to calm myself. Here goes the interview;
Consular: What's your name?
Me: Suci Park
Consular: Why is your reason to visit US?
Me: for Holiday and visiting my Boyfriend and his family.
Consular: How long have you been dating?
Me: 2 years.
Consular: How do you met him?
Me: Starbucks. Eh are you asking like how do I met him like from where? or how?
Consular: How?
Me: Online
Consular: So he came to visit you here?
Me: He was already here.
Consular: He is still here? How often does he came here?
Me: Pretty often, like every 3 to 6 months, he has family here.
Consular: Oh I see. Are you going to marry him?
Me: Not yet. We haven't talk about it yet.
Consular: What is your occupation?
Me: I work for bla bla bla company.
Consular: What is that?
Me: Here I have the letter.
Consular was checking on my Recommendation Letter from the office.
Consular: Why only spending 2 weeks when you got 3 months there in the US?
Me: I can't. The office only gave me 2 weeks.
Consular: Okay. Your Visa is approved. However, if you plan to get married. You have to get a different Visa.
Me: Sure. Thank you.

8. And It was done. The interview took only 5 minutes and maybe less. This guy did ask a lot of question, mostly about my boyfriend. Because BF pay for my trip and I think the Embassy worried that I would come to the States, marry him and stay there. But I have always been honest with him. He saw it. So he gave me the Visa. 

I will be going to the States next October. I am excited for my first trip to America. Especially because I am going to spend Halloween there. I love Halloween. I like dressing up and put on costume. I so want to do that trick or treating. But I am probably too old for that. So, I am just gonna knock on Bf's house and asking for lots of candies and chocolates. Hey, I am a zombie who came all the way from Indonesia. Give me more candies and chocolates!!!

Suci Park

No comments:

Post a Comment