Wednesday, June 18, 2014

What Happened When You Gain Weight

Hi Fellas,
Before: Would be my current weight after I gained 8kg. My after would be my normal and original weight that now would be my target.

Spoiler alert: This  post is not a very happy ending or cheerful post like my usual post.

I am gonna share with you my bad news.

A month ago, I weighed myself in a friend's apartment. Turned out I gained 8kg or around 17pounds. I was stressed out. There are a lot of things happen because I gained weight.
source
source

There are several things I noticed happened or changed with my body and my attitude. It might be different with every person and every case, but these are what happened to me;

1. Short Breath
I usually able to walk longer or dance more without hyperventilating.

2. Lazy Movement
I have never been a zombie, but it might feel like this if I was one. The excess weight gave me more burden when I lift up my hands or feet.

3. Double Chin
Source
For me this is really annoying because when I took selfie or picture, my chin will be the first thing people see.

4. Muscle Cramp or Spasm
It happens more often than you would think. Every time I decided to do a little warm up or work out, I almost always got it. Mostly happened on my upper arm. I still can't figure out why it happens. My guess would be, cramp happened more often now that I have excess weight that sometimes it is harder for me to reach out my hands. I can't even reach out to my back. Every time I tried to reach my back (during shower or putting on a dress with zipped) I always get cramp. Sometimes, people call it "fat cramp" because it happens more often in the torso are or upper arm area.

5. Can no longer Fit in My jeans/pants/skirt
source

At one point, a button pop out from my shirt and my pants. I don't mind button pops out from my shirt. It happens all the time in boobs areas. I already made my peace that I could not wear button down shirt due to my C size boobs.  But, the day one button popped out from my jean was very upsetting. I tried to find and buy a new jeans. But I hate shopping for jeans due to my short legs. I asked mom to fix my jeans to our tailor.

6. Boobs getting bigger
Originally my bra size is C, now I have to at least have an emergency D cup bra. I prefer C and B cup tho. But C cup would just be perfect for me.

7. Weaker Immune System
I feel like i got sick more often then when I was fit. I checked BMI (Body Mass Index) and it declares that I am now 'overweight'.

"Obese people find it harder to fight infections, and a weakened immune response may be to blame, suggests a new study from Boston University researchers." Source

8. I feel 'Heavy"
Enough said.

9. Roller-coaster Moody Moment

I feel like I was more emotional, I was more angry than usual. I used to be or I still (sometimes) a happy-go-lucky girl.

10. Worst: Deflated Self Esteem

11. Possibility of Higher Blood Sugar Level or Cholesterol Level

I am not new to yoyo style diet. I was so not organized nor discipline. I did my diet halfheartedly. But this time, I want it to be different. Because my target is no longer to look skinny ( I am so pass that desperately wanted to be skinny moment). I just wanna feel good about my body again. I want to be more comfortable in my own skin. I want to start having a healthier lifestyle. I want to live longer and healthy life.

So I decided to start a diet like 3 weeks ago. I have been doing good for 2 weeks. I am using Noom coach and application from Android. You can get it Here

I didn't join the Noom Pro at the beginning and I still lost 2kg in the first week and another 1kg on the 2nd week. I was pretty happy with the result. So i decided to join the Noom Pro like a week ago.

Noom suggested (based on my data that they collected on my age, lifestyle, habit, weight, height, etc) that my calories intake per day would be 1200 and My target steps (walking steps) per day would be 2000 steps. Recently Noom has increased my calories to 1250 and my steps to 2150 steps.

Then I kind fell of the wagon for a bit on weekend during a trip to the beach and this weekdays due to PMS. I have a tendency of craving for a lot of things during PMS. I have been abusing my calories intake per day. I was too cocky with the 3kg that I just lost. Noom pro suggested me to join a group on the app. The group has been wonderful and very supporting. The members of my group are really nice and we try encourage each other. We share our step by step of our diet plan and we even share recipes.

One thing I start to feel during this process is that my cramp does not happen too often. My walking feels slightly lighter. I don't feel as 'heavy', but still not my best.

Friends have been saying that I look like my usual weight. I am really thankful for the positive feedback. But I think I do need this diet and I do need to adopt a healthier way of eating. I wanna start taking care of my body and pays attention to what it needs.

Oh, I am a bad plain water drinker. I never managed to drink 8 glasses of water per day. I promise you guys, that I will start to drink more and to get my target per day achieved.

If you are doing the same thing I did. Do let me know. Maybe we can encourage each other. I support your decision as long as you are doing it for a healthier you. Please don't get discouraged by the media and surrounding about how you should feel about yourself. You are beautiful the way you are.

See you,

Suci Park

No comments:

Post a Comment