Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Review: Mad For Garlic at Grand Indonesia

I have always passed by this restaurant so many times on my way to Forever 21 in Grand Indonesia. It is located in West Mall and right before the escalator in front of Seibu. Back then, I was not a big fan of garlic. So I would avoid to eat garlic.

Several days ago when I was sick, I have serious craving for some garlic dishes. My partner and I decided to check that place last night and We didn't regret our decision..not even a bit. You would know why!
Our food; Garlic Pane
 It looked like a simple garlic bread. But oh boy that explosion of flavor on my mouth. I am not kidding when I said this is Yummy!!! Only 30k rupiah or $2.50 for 2 big sizes of garlic bread. It has sweet savory on top and salty butter taste inside. Crispy and crunchy outside, chewy and soft inside. It doesn't get better than that. Totally Recommended for Appetizer.


His Food; Cheese Fondue with Garlic
 He said this food might come from Norther Italy as this is one of their special dish. 
Fun fact, Mad For Garlic is actually Korean owned Italian restaurant. Since Korean loves garlic so much. They infused or added garlic to Italian foods.

The waiter roasted a garlic and peeled it for us. Then he put the garlic inside the fondue. It actually added a rich flavor to a creamy fondue.


a little dip or dip it all the way..all good

His food; Ratatouille Pizza 
 Have you heard of this Ratatouille? Maybe you have seen the movie and been wondering how it taste like. You can try this one in Mad For Garlic. Simply delish! With a little bit of goat cheese on each slices, it is a guarantee for a savory dish. As someone who doesn't like cheese (almost hate it), I actually (and surprisingly) enjoy this pizza. I ate a slice of it. The Ratatouille sauce matched perfectly with the cheese. This one is only 75k rupiah. Boyfriend said this is too cheap for such a fine taste.


My Ordered; Garlic Holic Fried Rice
Mamma Mia! It was yummy. Slightly too salty at first bite, but I get used to it. I don't understand when people said this dish taste bland. How could it be? The garlic taste is pretty strong and a hint of shrimpy paste too. This was 90k. A big portion for 2 people, we took same of this home and ate it for breakfast. Still good!

Overview:
Food       : 9
Service   : 8
Location : 8.5

Mad For Garlic
Website
Jalan M.H. Thamrin No.1, Grand Indonesia Shopping Town West Mall Lt Ground 20A, Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 10310, Indonesia
+62 21 23581076

No comments:

Post a Comment